Thursday 2 February 2017

My B’Haram friends amputated my hand, leg because I wanted to renounce membership of the group

A Boko Haram insurgent says his fellow insurgents cut off his right hand and left leg as punishment for planning to renounce his membership of the group

- According to Muhammad Abubakar, his fellow insurgents accused him of planning to expose them to the Nigerian government.

According to Vanguard, Muhammad Abubakar disclosed to newsmen in Maiduguri on Thursday, February 2, that his right hand and left leg were chopped off as punishment for deciding to renounce his membership of the group and embrace peace.

He said: “I had told a friend, Hassan Dan-Guduma, that I was going to surrender as the movement had no meaning to me anymore.

“Hassan Dan-Guduma initially bought my idea but later betrayed me. Shortly after our discussion, he went and came back with three others whom I am sure he must have told them about our plan to surrender.

“They said I was planning to expose them to the Nigerian Government, so they did all this to me.

“After they chopped off my right hand and left leg, they threw me into a culvert where I was left struggling, until soldiers came and rescued me.
“All I can say is that all we had been told by Boko Haram leaders,were lies and misleading. I never joined them to kill anyone."

The Theatre Commander, Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor, said Abubakar was still undergoing interrogation.

“You can see what they did to one of their own because he decided to quit,” said Irabor.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Army has assured citizens that bomb attacks by Boko Haram insurgents will soon end because the outfit is doing all possible to put end to them.

This assurance came from the Theatre commander of Operation Lafiya Dole Major-General Lucky Irabor during Thursday, February 2’s press briefing in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.

The army also disclosed that not fewer than 3,332 Boko Haram suspects were arrested between January 11 and February 1, 2017.

It said the coordinates used by the Nigerian Air Force in the Rann bombing were incorrect but there were Boko Haram insurgents in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment